On Wednesday nights, our church has a verse-by-verse, in-depth Bible study. Normally it’s taught by our Associate Pastor, but he’s out of town this week and he asked me to come in and do it, which I gladly accepted. Here’s the thing though… I had to basically pick up where he left off, and move through the next section of the Bible that he would have normally taught tonight. So tonight, we were in Matthew 12, and I had to deal with the “UNPARDONABLE SIN!!!!!!!” (insert dramatic music here).
I’ll leave it up to you to deal with that passage on your own. However, there are a number of offenses which people are capable of, which are not unpardonable, but pretty darn close to unpardonable, as far as I’m concerned:
1. Playing and/or listening to country music
3. Not cleaning up after your dog, especially in my front yard
4. Whining about stuff (however, there is an exemption for me when it comes to this blog only)
5. Putting those little sweaters on your dog
6. (For musicians, actors and other performance people) – Not being ready. Not learning your stuff.
7. Church people who do mean things. (Not cute, funny, quirky church things, but actual mean things)
8. Companies who put non-English speaking, low-talking people in technical support positions (not to mention names, but for example, Dell and Microsoft)
9. Government officials not addressing fuel prices, but instead spending their time coming up with laws to make me use a hands-free device
10. The price of a Ford Escape Hybrid ($32,000-plus)