I’m doing a short survey, to complete a class with Biola University. The class was actually over last week, but the results of this survey are due on Friday (IN TWO DAYS).
I asked several people these questions, and got a few responses back. But I need a little more info, and when I followed up with people, they’ve been slow to respond. So I’m turning to my vast reading audience.
But I need a specialized kind of help here. Many of my readers consider themselves born-again Christians. That’s a good thing. However, occasionally I get a reader who is not in that category; that’s always great. I need people who are not Christians, or people who ARE Christians but who are a little outside the mainstream, to answer these questions.
So if that describes you, please help me here! Or, if you know someone and can refer them to this, please do! Again, I need to turn in these responses by Friday night.
1. Do you believe there are moral absolutes; i.e., issues of right and wrong that are the same for everyone, regardless of culture? (yes, no, not sure)
2. Where does morality come from? (each culture defines morality, each person defines morality, there is something else outside of ourselves that defines morality)
3. Which of these statements most closely describes your view of God? (there is no such thing as God; there may or may not be a God but that has little effect on my daily life; there is one God; there are many Gods; each person defines God differently; something else)
4. Which of the following statements about Jesus Christ do you agree with? (He was God; He wasn’t God but had a lot of insight; He rose from the dead; He didn’t rise from the dead; He was right about some things and wrong about others; Something else)
5. Do you believe the universe originated…. (through a series of natural events? through intelligent design?)
THANK YOU IN ADVANCE for your help.