A few of my Facebook friends have taken one of those little Facebook quizzes to test their music theory knowledge. They apparently scored so well that they earned the title Music Theory Badass.
I’ve been tempted to take this quiz my own self, because I think I could also become a Music Theory Badass. I’ve been involved pretty heavily in music my whole life, ultimately teaching this stuff. So I think my chances of becoming a Music Theory Badass are pretty good.
Not to mention the fact that it’s appealing to me to become ANY kind of badass, because let’s face it – although I have occasional moments of coolness, I’m deep down actually a borderline nerdy guy desperately trying to look cool most of the time. So, becoming any kind of a badass is certainly a plus.
But I won’t take this quiz for at least two reasons:
1. I have a strict policy against taking Facebook quizzes;
and more importantly…
2. If the goal is for me to avoid nerdiness, taking a “Music Theory Quiz” may be a step in the wrong direction.
Wait… I’m still traumatized by the fact that you said “badass”…Well, if that’s the title you’re looking for I think you’re definitely a “badass coffee drinker” tied with being a “badass keyboard player”…the list could go on forever…!!!! Have a great day, my “badass Brutha!!” XO
Aw. You’re a badass uncle in my book. Also, you’re right up there on my list of badass smartasses ….
I simply cannot bring myself to write or say “the word,” so I will have to make do with “bad***.”
While I’m am not generally considered a nerd, I am perhaps more damagingly known as a “nice guy.”
I am apparently completely incapable of projecting even the faintest air of menace; there is no hint of danger or mystery when I enter the room, never the slightest suggestion of intimidation.
These are qualities, or course, which all men secretly crave.
Instead, when I enter the room, the usual reaction is, “Ah, there he is. What a nice guy.” (For some reason, this is especially disheartening when women say it.)
Of course, I DID graduate Summa Cum Laude with a degree in MUSIC THEORY!
Tremble in fear before the ultimate Music Theory BAD***!
And I didn’t have to take no stinkin’ Facebook quiz.
(By the way, has anyone ever told you that you look a little like Bach?)
1. I knew you were a Music Theory Bad*** long before Facebook, or the internet for that matter, existed;
2. I’ll have to copy that picture above and print it, and take it next time I go to the haircut place. When they ask what I want, I’ll tell them, “The Bach, please;”
3. I also have that secret craving to be dangerous and feared. Since I couldn’t pull it off with adults, maybe that’s why I became a school teacher.
Personally, I enjoy the comedic badass … lol
I secretly fear you, if that’s any consolation!! You’re only dangerous in your short and I fear for the eyesight of us all… XOXOXOXO
Sorry! I meant to say “shorts”… I guess I’m not a badass typist! 🙂