Here’s a little preview of what I have in the works for 2010. This will be a year of change in many ways. Not ready to disclose all those ways yet, but here are some of my hopes and plans…
1. The amount of coffee I drink just isn’t good, and absolutely HAS to change. My plan is to drink more coffee in 2010.
2. I have a new blog coming in the next week or so. This blog you’re reading right now will still be here, serving primarily as a place to rant and make fun of the world. My new blog will be a little more serious, change-the-world kind of thing. It’s just part of the commitment we at charleysblog have to you, the reader. We provide a place to make fun of the world, and a place to change the world. All depending on your mood of the day.
3. I am firmly committed that, for at least the first 10 months of this year, I will not sing any Christmas songs with children.
4. I want to be more involved with some of the people from my church, Mosaic. In order to do this, I need to cut something from my schedule. That will happen soon. It will be a hard change, but it needs to happen.
5. I will be a better father to my almost 20-yr-old daughter. Which, I’m realizing, isn’t exactly the same as when she was 4. So my plan is to either figure out how to be the father of an almost-20-yr-old, or figure out a way to modify the 4-yr-old techniques so they’ll work for the almost-20-yr-old. I hope you were able to follow that.
6. I’d sort of like to see more whales. I saw a few yesterday and it was kind of cool, so I’m thinking it wouldn’t kill me to see more whales.
7. Other stuff that I’m not ready to reveal yet.
Happy New Year!
Always good to make plans….if we fail to plan, we plan to fail. So I know failure is not an option for you. On another note (spoken only to a musician),did you know that coffee has 61 acids in it that our bodies don’t have a flippin clue what to do with them?? So they are just tucked away somewhere to immobilize them — consequences: aches and pains. Toxicity. Illness. Just sayin….. Happy New Year.
P.S. I am foolish enough to love coffee too. But, I have cut down a lot. 1-2 a day….making it weaker and eliminating “most” of the artificial sweetner (also death in a packet).