This weekend, the lovely Miss Kelley and I celebrated our 25th anniversary. We got married when we were 4.
This morning, on the actual anniversary date, we went for a hot air balloon ride in Temecula, about an hour and a half south of here. Here is a helpful photo documentary of our adventure:
1. Here is the balloon basket, without a balloon attached. These guys are trying to figure out the wind issues, and decide the best place from which to launch.
2 & 3. Here is the balloon, partially inflated, on its side. Eventually the balloon guys saw the logical flaw in having a balloon on its side, and decided to rotate the balloon 90 degrees, to an upright position.
4. Here is one of the lovely vineyards of the Temecula Wine Country. Contrary to popular belief, the Temecula Wine Country isn’t an actual country at all, but simply an area where they grow a lot of grapes and make a lot of wine.
5. And finally, here’s us – after 25 years!! We were advised to wear hats, because of the heat in the balloon, so our heads wouldn’t suddenly burst into flames.
Two pieces of advice….
1. DO NOT call everyone you know in your home state of Texas on your cell phone and keep saying, in a loud southern accent, “Guess where we are!!!” The lady behind me did that, and we were almost forced to throw her and her cell phone over the side.
2. DO NOT keep whistling or singing “Would You Like to Ride in My Beautiful Balloon.” Let’s just say that if I hadn’t finally knocked it off, there would be no 26th anniversary.
Hey, I just read some lady from Texas’ blog, and she was talking about a man who kept on singing “Would You Like to Ride in My Beautiful Balloon.”
I hope this doesn’t wreck your anniversary:
You’re so brave!! Happy Big 25th!!
We love you~
Miss Cindy and Parrot
Wow! I didn’t know that the 25th anniverary was the ” Hot air baloon anniversary “. I thought it was silver but hey ballooning has to be better than silver plated champagne goblets.
Congrats and Blessings+++