A few days ago on this very blog, I mentioned that I was planning to go to Uganda for a few weeks this summer to help in a school, orphanage and other stuff. Looks like there will also be an opportunity to do something with music while I’m there, but I don’t know what yet.
At any rate, this is not just to go and hang out and be a tourist. If I wanted to do that, I’d go to Maui, because I really like Maui. The purpose of this trip is to go and be part of a small but effective organization that has basically adopted a village and is making a difference in the lives of a generation. So as I mentioned a few days ago, you have an opportunity to be part of that by helping cover some of my costs.
Here are 10 Reasons Why You Should Help Me go to Uganda In July:
10. Because I’m not going in June, August, November, or any other month besides July;
9. Because although many of us are having a hard time with $ right now, it is always a cool thing when we get to help others who are having an even harder time (“those who are having a harder time” means the Ugandans, not me);
8. There is a chance (however remote) that one of my donors will recieve a valuable cash prize. This is not to be construed as a guarantee, nor to be interpreted as an inference that said cash prize will actually come from me or have anything to do with me. I’m just saying that there’s a chance, however slight, that one of my donors may or may not coincidentally receive a cash prize;
7. Same as #8, but substitute the words “new car” for “cash prize;”
6. You may have always wanted to go and help with a project like this, but haven’t been able to. So by helping me go, you can still be involved with a cause that is meaningful to you;
5. Some of you, for whatever reason(s), may not like me. You may have said to yourself on occasion, “That crazy Charley just needs to go to the other side of the world for a few weeks.” Now’s your chance to help make that happen;
4. I think anyone creative enough to sit down and write a list like this deserves a few bucks for the effort;
3. I think anyone who has time to sit down and write a list like this needs to find something more worthwhile to do with his time, like say, go to Uganda;
2. (To those of my readers to believe in God’s unique timing) – There are some people with unique talents coming together on this team, and it seems that special things may occur. I know that’s vague, but it’s something to consider;
1. Because changing the world seems too big, but you realize that changing the future of one village is a dream you can wrap yourself around.
If you want more specific info on how to sponsor me, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org