Sorry blog readers, but I haven’t been there for you very much this summer. Some of it is because I’ve been busy, but some of it is because I haven’t been in that blogging place in my head. Actually, most of it is the “blogging place in my head” thing.
But I’m working my way back. I have things on my mind that I want to write about. They’ll be coming soon. In the meantime, here’s a summer update. I had several goals I was trying to accomplish. Here’s how they turned out…
1. Paint the inside of my house… it will be done. In fact, we’re dangerously close. It’ll be done day after tomorrow. So really, depending on when you finally get around to reading this, it may be already done.
2. Finish a book I’ve been working on… HA HA HA HA HA. Nope, not done.
3. Avoid Elvis music like the plague… Nope. Because we’re doing “All Shook Up” the musical again!! If you live in or near Torrance, CA, get your little butt over to El Camino College Campus Theater the weekend of Aug 27-29 and see this thing.
4. Another thing I’m not going to tell you, but it’s pretty cool…. Done. And it was cool.
5. Learn to cook more than the 1 or 2 things I already know how to cook… Done. I learned how to cook more stuff, and rocked the kitchen in the process.
6. Another thing I’m not going to tell you, and it’s not necessarly cool but needs to get done… On its way.
7. Sell my big cool antique desk…. Didn’t happen yet. But it has moved from my house to my garage, so that was a positive thing.
8. Finish re-finishing another cool old desk etc…… Yeah, that’s done. I’m sitting at it right now.
9. Try to get these crazy Elvis songs out of my head…. Well, I did but now they’re back. So you might as well come see the show next weekend, since the songs are still in my head.
10. Find another goal… I found one. Not that I’ve reached it, but I at least have one.